February 14, 2007

Couples

Happy 14th! Some couples I adore...
Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy
I adore!! My love extends back to Laurence Olivier as Mr. Darcy and forward to Keira Knightly as Elizabeth Bennet.

Noah and Allie
The first half of The Notebook is the greatest falling in love montage. And truth be told, they are a couple off screen - which makes me love them a little bit more. Oh, look for Ryan Gosling at the Academy Awards!

Tyler and Nora
I think my love of Step Up is greatly influenced by my fasination for Channing Tatum.

Jessica and Jim
In, The Man From Snowy River, he rescues her from the rocky precipice and they ride over the mountain together on horseback - I'm sold. Not to mention, the theme song is one of the few songs I can actually play (or plunk) on the piano.

Jamie and Landon
I have no explanations for loving this movie - and them - but I do. I am a real sucker for a character who is dying - nothing is more romantic.

Anne and Gilbert

7 comments:

Leslie said...

oh anne and gil! i'm so glad you included them. :)
you're so funny, angie.

laurel said...

I love these couples! Step Up...hehehe.

Anonymous said...

What more can I say....Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, Jessica and Jim, Anne and Gilbert....ahhh. "I don't want diamond starbursts and marble halls, Gil. I just want you." Who doesn't melt upon hearing that last line?

Anonymous said...

Just a picture of Anne and Gil- perfect - it needs no words. But - where were Jane Eyre and Mr. Rochester!!!!! And Emma and what's his face - well - if I can't remember his name it can't be that great of a love story.

Jessie & Pat said...

I can't wait until the day when Pam and Jim can be on the list of favorite couples. Love your list Ang!

Anonymous said...

OH- my heart. . . I have lived these couples love stories in my mind for so long- just seeing their faces. I want it to be raining. and I want to be watching them with you angie. All but Mandy. I only want to hear her theme song while you and James sing your little hearts out:)

w. said...

To quote the favorite of mine, and apparently catherine:
"He's MY Mr. Knightley!" Do love Emma. Fancy myself a bit Emma-ish in a past life. I also have to put in a tiny plug for the adolescent and slightly twisted love of Margot and Richie Tenenbaum, a.k.a. Gwyneth and Luke ( the latter I would take any day of the week!).