February 20, 2007

Hello, Home Depot

My sister, Abbie (Snap as my boys call her), went to LA to see Wicked. My sister, Emily (Mimi to the boys), took a road trip to the Grand Canyon. What did I do for President's Day Weekend? I tore up carpet.

On Saturday morning, Catherine decided that she wanted a new floor in the playroom - so guess who was labor? Roy, Ben, Ridi, and I. Of course, the boys thought they helped - although they were much better hinderers. At the end - we did get to use the empty studio to play football (at James' request) and dance (at my request). There is nothing like a great empty space for running around in. All the furniture is back - and the floor is beautiful. I am reminded that I really like to play fix-it. Who cares that none of us knew what we were doing - we had fun figuring it out together.

6 comments:

jamieanne said...

Maybe Catherine transposed Presidents Day and Labor Day? I say come Labor Day, you take a real break (or dress up like Honest Abe)!

Abbie said...

I have successfully changed my internet back into English and avoid all the threatening viruses, all in an attempt to be able to participate in the blogging world. I know its no facebook but i wont lie the company on morecheerios is much better.

Anonymous said...

what. . . I. . . no words will come- I am in to much shock. NO MORE MOLD? you guys are maniacs!! I am so impressed!

Anonymous said...

Metric or not? Is it really easier to cut 2 7/16 inches off a plank? I vote that we continue the secret club forever of base 16 (parts of an inch) or 12 (parts of a foot) or 3 (parts of a yard) or whatever it is we use.

The floor is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie,

It's Mehrsa. I didn't actually see your picture on the blog, but I think it's you because I recognize your son. How are you? I found your blog bouncing through a few common friends. Where do you live now? We are still in the city. I would love to hear how you are doing. My email is mehrsa at gmail.com.

Great blog.

Ann said...

I have just one question-is the chin up bar still in the doorway?!? If so, maybe we need to do a rematch of the fam vs. Pat sometime! Although I'm sure Pat could still whip us all!

p.s. yes, I still consider myself one of the "fam"-hope you don't mind!