February 16, 2007

Vera Wang-athon

I really love the simple note card. Nice paper. No folding. A simple design. I had found darling ones from the Met that I like. But, I was looking for something new. And then recently, my mom gave me these "Bonjour" note cards that were perfect. When I noticed that Vera Wang had designed them, I was surprised, but pleased. A beautiful dress - good; a beautiful card - also good.

I heart Wedgewood. The first time I saw my Platinum China was on the Queen's birthday and I was in London. To escape some of the crowds, we had stepped into a small boutique. There at the back was the china of my dreams (no sarcasm - I really do love china). I love this new design by Vera Wang. Once again, surprised, but pleased.

But, recently, I saw a commercial for a new Vera Wang mattress. Honey, puh-lease. The cards I can understand. And other designers like Kate Spade are entering the fine china arena - but mattresses?! What's next - the Vera Wang toilet seat?!

I do not support this frivilous name prositution - we're smarter than that.

(PS - I still like the cards and china)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snap and I went antiquing this weekend- what did we spend the whole time looking at? China. I don't know why or where this love comes from. I think it may have to do with the first P&P we would watch with mom.

laurel said...

I have Wedgewood china and my sister has Vera Wang. Beautiful! I'm not sure if I've ever told you my story behind my china, but I'll save that for another day.

Mattresses? That is so weird.

Leslie said...

i'm so proud to say that i was with you that fateful day in the wedgwood store. i ended up getting it for my wedding china, and love it to this day!
i saw that mattres ad, too. lame.

Abbie said...

ill just say if you were vera wang you would do it too.