April 20, 2007

Signatore



My Dad is just the cutest Grandpa that ever could be. It doesn't matter if he gets out a shovel, hammer, screwdriver, or garbage can...my boys are fast on his heals. This last week my boys helped him build two chairs - and Bompa let them sign under the chair seats - as if though their signature was worth a million dollars. Even when I was growing up, he would have me sign my projects. What I guess I learned is that not only my drawings (which were typically rainbowed skies and hollow trees) but my projects were worth a fancy signature. It never gets old feeling special - and my boys sure did (James even panicked a bit when he was writing his name - it was almost too exciting).

4 comments:

catherine said...

Nothing is as priceless as watching Chase's face as he adoringly watches Bompa and then concentrates as he tries to duplicate the same handy man routine. Priceless!

Ammon said...

I love James' autograph! And thanks for reminding me about the hollow tree...why were all of my trees hollow?

For now said...

Oh how I love our Bompa!! What a gem!! I can't wait to see the chairs-

I remember finishing a project and then having dad say "oh, you need to sign the back!" I really did feel like a real artist then- or like those projects were worth something extra special!

Anonymous said...

In your exact words, it would seem that your boys are turning in to who I am today, still stopping by Home Depot just to look at the tools, and eveytime I'm elbows deep into a new problem I can't help but think of dad and all he has taught me.