June 21, 2007

Wasatch Back aka Insanity




The Wasatch Back is a 170 mile race you run in teams of six people. You run from Logan to Park City, running through the night in a relay that practically never ends - hence the insanity part. My sister ran it last year and is determined to do it again, but this year one person on her team dropped out last minute. I am hoping she'll be the second one to drop out because any part of 170 seems too much to me. I guess that's why Emily is doing it and not me. But, it starts this Friday. Good luck, Lady! I'm amazed that you did it once and are even thinking of doing it again.

5 comments:

Lane said...

One thing I have hoped never to do in life is a marathon. Go, Emily! I admire you.

Anonymous said...

When will she be in Logan, we want to go watch. You go girl.

Anonymous said...

This website seems to tell it all. It starts in Merlin Olsen Park in Logan on June 22 sometime between 7:30 am and 5:00 pm (there must be a lot of people). Emily, when do you start this madness?

http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php

Anonymous said...

Angie, Our friend is doing this same wild race that Emily is doing. There was an article in the Sltrib telling all about it as well as the Clipper. Sounds kinda fun to run in the moonlight. We have real strong ladies in our family, don't ever deny it. Love Ethel

angie said...

i didn't find out the time fast enough, i'm sorry - and it got switched at the last minute anyhow. she is running around hereford(or something) tonight for 10 miles in the dark and around midway tomorrow for 10 miles