July 2, 2007

Calling all Moms

A wonderful question was asked at Ask Miss Angie and it flooded me with memories and thoughts about being a new mom. Being awake in the hospital - holding my baby in the middle of the night - wondering how I was going to do this. And even though I was exhausted, I still couldn't sleep because my mind was racing with the "what now's?"

So, what do you wish you would have known before you became a mom?

Random people on the subway will tell you what to do - but what was actually helpful? And what were the things no one told you at all?

For example, I had no idea I would have to wear a bra to sleep in; or that those mean doctors cut a slice out of your baby's foot to draw blood.

But I need your help and I know a lot of you have recently had babies. Now's your chance to give advice and really help!

Painting: Mother and Child by Gustav Klimt