August 14, 2007

What to Wear?

Isn't this the never-ending question. What should I wear? Every morning I ask it. And right now I am wondering what I'll wear to the wedding? and the breakfast? and the reception? I feel the weight of fashion week every time there is a big event - a dear friend getting married, a trip, a luncheon with old friends. Who am I kidding?

I wish that I could just take a page out of Chase's fashion guide. He is ruled strictly by jerseys and shirts (the "s" is very important because now that he has learned to put his own shirts on he like to wear multiple). And how could I fail to mention - the boots. That's right, its not raining but it is once again wellie weather - Chase is still wearing his boots to the pool, to dig holes in the yard, and of course when he feels like he really needs to dress up. The Crocs are perfect for James - but hold no temptation for Chase. And I guess that's why he reminds me of Gossie - the goose who is always wearing red boots.

So, watch out, if I show up to the wedding in red rain boots - you'll know I've put on my finest!



...it really is the never-ending question, isn't it?!

6 comments:

Ann said...

i've been stressing over the same thing for months! all of you beautiful women intimidate me in everyway-especially in fashion. i'll probably be like chase-t-shirt all the way. can't wait to see you, though, and i know you'll look wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I'm lost - who is getting married? As for getting dressed, I usually resort to whatever is on the floor next to my bed, which only means I can end up wearing the same outfit for a couple of days....

angie said...

a good friend!

Ammon said...

I've been contemplating doing a post on this very subject! Every morning I stare at my suitcases filled to the brim with clothes and say to myself, "I have nothing to wear!"

jamieanne said...

Lucky for me, Lane picked out my lovely dress for the party. Otherwise I'd be in a pickle...maybe literally.

Lane said...

All of you looked beautiful! And I would have you even if you were wearing red wellies. Maybe especially with red wellies!

It was so wonderful to have such dear friends with us on our wedding day. Thank you for coming and for being so good to us.

Like my friend Katie says...people don't remember what you wear, they remember how you make them feel.