November 30, 2007

2, 4, 6, 8...

Who do we appreciate?
The Jay Hawks, (clap, clap) The Jay Hawks!





Now, you may be wondering if there is a real school in Arizona that is referred to as the The Jay Hawks. The answer is no. But, after watching a few college football games he came to me with an idea,


"Mom, can we make up our own colleges? You know, with posters so that people will want to come to our school?"


"Sure, James, that's a great idea. Can we work on something together, though?"


"Okay. I'm going to make the sports poster for the Arizona Jay Hawks. You make a list of all the classes...make 'em hard, mom, because, you know, college is a higher level of learning."


A higher level of learning? I think this kid has seen one too many a college commercial. Every Saturday he has a new school he has to go to (and we don't watch that much football). So far he wants to go to: Duke, Stanford, BYU, Kansas (the real Jay Hawks), and Marquette (he wants to be a Golden Eagle). The mascots are big deciding factors - and why not decide your college based on what costumed creature will be energizing your cheers...and fears, for that matter.

9 comments:

Ammon said...

It's hot... it's hot... it's hot in here... there must be a Jay Hawk in the atmosphere!

This is so funny. Seriously though, is he already taking higher level learning classes? He's the smartest kid I know!!

laurel said...

That's the cutest thing I have ever heard :)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if that is exactly what some people use to choose a college.

I know I am sold, I SOOOO want to go to the Arizona University so that I can be a Jayhawk.

Anonymous said...

Your James is the best!! I love hearing about him. I hope he won't be too disapointed when he finds out that not every college has a mascot (I know, why would anyone want to go to Harvard? Well, to tell the truth, Wellesley doesn't have a mascot either, unless you count the colors as mascots.)

Ann said...

that's how lucy picked last year's ncaa basketball winners-by mascot!! i think tufts has a unique mascot-they are the thundering herd...of elephants!!

hannah m said...

Love this story!

So what were the hard classes you came up with?

For now said...

Love his poster! And his grand ideas!

angie said...

hannah, i stuck a "bio" in front of anything i could think of...bioengineering, bioinformatics, bioenglish...

brooke said...

Oh Angie. I love your blog. It just cracks me up. Your boys are funny funny. The poster is the best. Go Jay Hawks!