November 7, 2007

Seniors Rule!


I met with some friends over burgers and fries. And chit-chatting with my high school friends, prompted something unexpected. I got out my high school yearbook and read the old notes. That's right - I walked down memory lane. And suddenly, a decade doesn't seem so far gone. The silliness still bubbles from within and I certainly haven't gotten any taller. I even examined the yearbook page we made with our memories -- and what memories. So many firsts.

Of course, now there are new and bigger trials; fragile babies, lost love, and future uncertainty. But, there is hope too. I admire these women and feel glad to know them; then and now.

5 comments:

Ammon said...

Nostalgia is a wonderful thing. And, always remember KIT, BFF, and LYLAS!

angie said...

bff - best friends forever

but what about the others?!

Ammon said...

KIT-keep in touch and LYLAS-love ya' like a sister.

hannah m said...

Oh, Ang, it's been a looong time since I've pulled out our yearbook... so many nearly forgotten memories. Fun to remember. Missed catching up with you girls--hope you had fun!

Anonymous said...

As the temples gray, the eyesight dims, the hearing fades, and the belly sags, you too will see that the phrase "Seniors Rule!" has an all new connotation....for indeed we will rule!