December 11, 2007

Bookclub Top Five

At book clubs across America, I am sure some of the choicest, strangest, and funniest sentiments are uttered...I am going to share my top five from last night; Letterman style.

5. Women writers write round and flowing, like a uterus...or so says an unnamed professor.
4. As I was filling out papers at the bank with my pregnant tummy and two year old sitting on my lap, they asked my occupation and I answered, "Nothing."
3. Did I spill orange juice? (the answer was no, lactation can just be that fun)
2. Lets go toilet paper his house...with pitchforks and torches...in true Medieval style.
1. In response to the infamous Jerry McGuire quote: If he had you at hello, you should run the other way.

9 comments:

Ammon said...

There's nothing like a good laugh to get my day started. Thanks for the chuckle.

Lane said...

Wow. I wish I were in your book club. What was the book???

familia Bybaran said...

Cool. I second Lane's question. What book would elicit those comments? We are discussing John Henry Days tomorrow night and I only hope the discussion is that lively. I wish we could be in the same book club.

Anonymous said...

It was so good to hear your voice today. I also wish I were in your book club - I miss laughing to tears - that is what a good book club is for me - friends, good conversation, and the inevitable laughing to tears by the end.

angie said...

Pope Joan - who knew?!

Carrie Hellewell said...

I laughed at all those quotes the first time and I laughed all over again. What a great night!

vie said...

oh my goodness. laughing out loud. h ard.

Annie said...

love it. almost as good as Elise's recaps (and that is definitely a compliment). :)

angie said...

annie, i miss elise's recaps - they were the bestest!