December 3, 2007

iTunes - Jason Mraz

Last night I had to find a family picture for James to take to school. The task was much harder than it sounds, much harder than it should be. As I started sifting through pictures, the tears that are always just beneath the surface came. The hard part was that the pictures were all so happy. Times of laughter and goodness. I love what we built...but that didn't prevent the cheating and the pain it still causes me. And although a good angry-chick-song is great to run to...this one captures my sorrow of a good thing lost.

You and I by Jason Mraz

...Cause you and I both loved
What you and I spoke of
And others just read of
Others only read of the love,
the love that I love.

See I'm all about them words
Over numbers, unencumbered numbered words
Hundreds of pages, pages, pages for words
More words then I had ever heard
...
And if you could see me now,Oh love, no
You and I, you and I
Not so little you and I anymore, mmm...

And if you could see me now
Well I'm almost finally out of
I'm finally out of
Well I'm almost finally, finally
Well I'm free, oh, I'm ...
I'm almost finally, finally, out of words.

But, if you do know a good angry song, I really do run better...and would love something new!

8 comments:

Katie said...

I'm totally not a country person, but I am sure there has got to be many good ones out there. Carrie Underwood has a good one that always makes me laugh:

Right now, she's probably up singing some white-trash version of Shania karaoke..
Right now, she's probably saying "I'm drunk"
and he's a thinking that he's gonna get lucky,
Right now, he's probably dabbing on 3 dollars worth of that bathroom polo...
And he don't know...

That I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats,
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires...


Alanis Morrisette and Avril Lavinge should have some good ones too.

Love You and your boys!

Heather G. said...

Yep, I was gonna go with the totally overplayed crossover hit by Carrie Underwood "Before He Cheats"

There's always Garth - The Thunder Rolls - but I don't think that one is good for running.

Oh, how about JT, What Goes Around.../...Comes Around. OR, Cry Me River.

Your Time is Gonna Come, Led Zeppelin.

Hit Em Up Style, Blu Cantrell.

Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Poison.

Ok, that's more than I thought I'd think of. Have fun with those :)

hannah m said...

Sending you a great big hug, Ang. Though for different reasons, I know about the tears beneath the surface and hopes and dreams changing in ways you never saw coming.

How' bout "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette?

or have you tried running to the soundtrack from that German movie "Run Lola Run"? Way techno-y, but I always thought it could be great for running.

Ammon said...

Ditto on the already mentioned songs. But, I must say, I always think of you when I hear, "Apologize" by OneRepublic and "Almost Lover" by A Fine Frenzy.

Ammon said...

Oh, thought of a couple other songs...
"Not Ready to Make Nice"--Dixie Chicks
and "Leave" by JoJo.

Heather G. said...

Ok, one more...This one is good for when you feel like you need to be angry:

Hate Me, by Blue October

Heard it on my way home and actually sat down to read the lyrics...Would be a good song to run to, plus I'm loving the band right now.

Anonymous said...

I'm not to into country music either but there was one song that I used to listen to about a man looking in his front room window wondering who that other man was that was living his life, parking in his garage, playing with his kids, etc . . .

I know it doesn't make it any easier but you do have the good end of a very bad deal.

Michelle said...

Hi Angie and family. i just wanted to send my love. xoxo michelle streator