January 23, 2008

Jewish Penicillin


A friend brought over the real deal - Matzah Ball Soup. And after a more complicated surgery than I had hoped, followed by adverse side effects to the general anesthesia, the soup was perfect. Becky told me it was "Jewish Penicillin," (she would know) and boy was she right.
An entirely tangential side note: before surgery you usually have to fast for 12 hours. You can't even chew gum (they didn't tell me this - and almost had to reschedule). I was simply thinking that after not eating my breath was probably less than fresh, so in went the gum. Fortunately, it worked out...but thought I would pass it on. I feel like it is the sort of thing that could come up for someone else, too.
Thank you for all your well wishes! I so appreciated them.

9 comments:

Ammon said...

I'm so glad to see you back! I'm sorry to hear things were more complicated than you had hoped, but at least that stone is a thing of the past!

hannah m said...

Oh, dear! Well, honey, all I can say is I'm glad it's overwith and I'm sending healing thoughts your way.

Did you get to keep your sapphire? (Is that a gross question? Sorry. I don't know why I'm curious about that.)

angie said...

i did - but they only got half out - they had to do an internal laser - i guess it was really stuck!

ali said...

I hope you are feeling better, Angie. I'm sure the matzah ball soup helped. Did you know that Matza Ball is the name of Adam Sandler's dog? That always makes me laugh.

Kimmy Sunshine said...

I am so happy to hear that you survived surgery and still have your glowing sense of humour.

Love ya (+=

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled on your blog and wanted to send you all my empathy with this situation. I had a kidney stone for 2.5 months before they finally figured out what it was (it was wrongly diagnosed, basically because the dr didn't use the right imaging equipment or, it seems, the better part of her brain). By the time I ended up in the ER with pain so bad I was seeing stars and throwing up, they needed to use a laser to surgically remove it (we explained to our son that the drs "went all Star Wars" on that mean stone!). Anyway, I truly hope you're feeling *MUCH* better!!!

Sarah Jean said...

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Hope you are doing a little better by now. Love ya

Anonymous said...

I glad you are safe and sound my lady. I love love love you

Lane said...

An "internal laser" ?? That can't be good. I like a good laser, but preferably outside my body. Glad you're on the mend--much love.