January 15, 2008

"Transporting" is Right


Leslie found this beautiful picture by Irene Suchocki over at Etsy. I had to tell you about it because first, it's beautiful, and second, Leslie is famous. She is guest blogging at Design Mom this week.

And if you are newer to blogging, let me translate. My friend that I lived in London with (you can click on her name and go to her sight), was browsing Etsy (a web site that is like a virtual arts and crafts fair - all sorts of people make things and sell things - you can search by color or object - and its all pretty affordable) and found a painting by some talented lady. In addition, she is writing blogs over at a really popular website - I think its a top 3 "mom" blog site - anyhow, that makes her famous to me!

Oh, and with my stone, pain, and nausea I could use a little transporting...I know, still!

12 comments:

Kyndra said...

That picture took my breath away! Thanks for posting it!

Missi Waldron said...

Absolutly gorgeous!! I went to the etsy website and I am in awe... all of her photos are so incredibly beautiful. It even mentions that this picture is printed on metallic paper... stunning. I am so sorry about your stone and the pain... I really hope it comes out a sapphire :). Hang in there (and keep transporting yourself)!

Leslie said...

thanks for the shout-out angie! it's weird to see the picture of my neck on design mom today. :)

i can't believe you're still dealing with your stone. what a humongoid pain. so sorry.

oh, and i think this is a photo even, not a painting. she doesn't mention where she took the photo, but, sshhh, i think it starts with a C and ends with elestial kingdom.

so pretty.

angie said...

woops - did i write painting! i totally meant photograph! anyhow, i'm might need to buy it!

Ammon said...

I think you know the most spectacular people! I can (and have) spent hours looking at the linked blogs in your sidebar. Only a celebrity like you would mingle with such amazing people!

THAT BLASTED STONE! Wait, can they blast it? I sure hope you deliver that thing and start feeling better!

hannah m said...

I love Design Mom and love that you're friends with her guest blogger this week! And I always love when I'm pointed in the direction of a new artist to add to my etsy'd favorites...thanks for sharing. I'm smitten for "Yellow is a Primary Color".

angie said...

hannah, that yellow one is beautiful! not to mention a lovely photo title!

Natalee Maynes said...

Oh Angie! I had NO IDEA you had a kidney stone. How terrible! Are you O.K.? Well, that's a stupid question...it feels like labor! What do you need? I mean, given the fact that you have a kidney stone, what would make life a little brighter?? Wanna go to Fraiche???

jamieanne said...

Holy flippin' moley. I want to die and go to heaven on that bench under that tree. (Preferably wearing a fabulous outfit).

Anonymous said...

Angie... Have you meet Gabby (aka Design Mom)? She is in my Ward and she really is a FUN, Stylish mom.

For now said...

Love this!

kristen said...

I love this picture so much I may or may not have had to steal it for my blog. whoops!

hope you are feeling better....