May 7, 2008

Fi*lo*li

Fight for a just cause; Love your fellow man; Live a good life.”



Walking the gardens of Filoli (an old estate by Crystal Springs and not far from home), I found myself renewed with each step. There is something magical about a place that transform time and circumstance. Not to mention the fact that I have fallen head over heals for the tree peonies - I've always loved peonies - but tree peonies are masterpieces I had not yet witnessed. Anyhow, I love that the orignal owner of this magical place decided to use a name with meaning. I always thought it was some old surname, but how happy to find out what it really means.

7 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I like the picture of you and Chase peeking through the branches. CHase looks like he has awesome hair. cute.

Anonymous said...

Peek a boo, I see you!

hannah m said...

I added Filoli to my "to do with Miss Viv" list a couple of months ago, and now I truly can't wait to go (I've never been in all my years!).

I LOVE the root of its name; and you know I am a die hard peony fan...sigh...magical, indeed.

Mason Manor said...

Hi Angie! We love those tree flowers...they are everywhere around our new apartment. Hannah loves to smell them.

Sarah Jean said...

How cute you two look. You are a great mom.

Missi Waldron said...

From one peony lover to another...I can't get over how beautiful those tree flowers are and I am sure (like anything) they are even more fabulous in person. I think I need to change my last name to Filoli (a much-needed reminder to be a little better). Thanks for sharing!

Love, Missi Filoli :)

Lane said...

I love Filoli! It always reminds me of your family, especially your mom. The combination of beautiful flowers + motto is very Robinson to me.

I have been eyeing the peonies at the corner market all week and finally bought myself some a couple days ago! They are such an unfussy flower, but somehow still totally feminine.