May 26, 2008

The Language of Cherries

We stopped to buy cherries at a fruit stand Not knowing the proper cherry language, I just bought a 7 dollar box. But, the man waiting in line behind me, quietly asked if there were any tartarian cherries left (he whispered the reverent request). I entered the conversation to know more, and learned that they can't be sold in stores because they don't hold up well, but they are sweeter and yummier. Sadly, he got the last box, but gave me one to try.

I'm now on the lookout for a cherry stand where I can ask the right question. Do you have any tartarians?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum. Just the picture itself is making me drool. Now I feel like I know a secret, I wonder if I can find any tartarians here...

Missi Waldron said...

My grandma always had the yummiest cherries and I have never been able to find the equivalent...I bet she knew this secret! Thanks for helping unlock this cherry mystery.

Kyndra said...

I'm curious now! I just bought a somewhat bland batch of cherries today, so sweeter and yummier sounds good to me.