January 23, 2009

High-larious Hostage Situation


I am loving the hostage situation going on over at is*ly. In fact, I think it is the way every playdate should begin.

I just visited a school that does a gingerbread unit better than I could dream. The Kindergarteners read about the gingerbread man, bake cookies together, but when they return the cookies are gone. It turns into the ultimate "did they run away" or "were they stolen" - they learn about words like alibi and motive. And take bite imprints from prime suspects...I am about read to play this game at home.

All the intrigue in the air...isn't life more fun when we get to roll play like our children?!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the ginger bread idea!! So fun!

hannah m said...

Fun stuff, Ang!

brooke said...

Somehow this cute/poor dolphin ended up at my house...I got to witness the poor creature be returned to his little owner. It was quite the reunion. I was laughing so hard when I saw this picture too!!! It is fun to role play. Ah, I love my friends.

maegan said...

Oh man, I totally remember doing something like that in Kindergarten! I also remember making "stone soup" and having a treasure hunt that Lucky the Leprechaun put us on the week of St. Patty's day.

He left clues, little green foot prints on the windows, hid a snack of Lucky Charms in our desks, and even left a picture of himself! He was invisible though so all you could see was his green vest and yellow bow-tie sitting at a little table. We finally got the "gold" at the end of the rainbow...Awesome memories!

lynette said...

fun stuff!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Lucas did the gingerbread man in 4k before Christmas. He was the one who found the runaway gingerbread. He still talks about it on a daily basis. Good to see you blogging frequently!