August 9, 2009

five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred



We were in the car for about five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes. And we traveled what seemed to be five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred miles. But we made it. The boys and I drove from Tahoe, to Salt Lake City, to the Grand Canyon, LA, and back home.
What an unforgettable adventure...it only took two books on tape (Daughter of Fortune for me and Fudge for the boys), a High School Musical marathon (1, 2, and 3), music (mostly coming from SYTYCD - Mad by NeYo and Battlefield by Jordin Sparks, but there was a good amount of Jason Mraz and musicals like Pajama Game and Wicked), backseat books (from Where's Waldo to The Mysterious Benedict Society), food in the form of Wheat Thins and carrots (they just really hit the spot for all of us, oh and Diet Coke), and various odd games like Travel Connect Four and Hungry, Hungry, Hippo. I am so glad we did it!

15 comments:

Erin said...

Angie your so awesome. That is the coolest thing. Looks like you had lots of fun with those cute boys of yours.

Anonymous said...

So glad we were part of your itinery! What adorable boys! and so grown up! Please come again! Hope you Grand Canyon leg was all James hoped for! Love, Susan

Christa said...

That is a lot of traveling! I hope it was a great vacation!

Cheryl said...

So fun Ang. We all missed you and the boys while you were gone so much! Post more pictures of your adventures please!

Ann said...

sounds like so much fun!! next time come a few thousand miles further and see us!! we'll take you to dollywood! i'll bribe anyone with anything to get a visit. i'm so glad you did it and that you all survived the fun! wish i could have ridden along with you-i've always enjoyed a good where's waldo!!

Kimmy Sunshine said...

I was so excited to see the three of you! What fun to catch up, now's it my turn to come visit you.

Love you lots . . .

Sarah Jean said...

Great picture - love it, love you guys. Good to have seen you and yahoo for grand adventures.

brooke said...

This picture is so inspiring! I am so happy for you and the boys. You are such an awesome mom Ang! I love all your music btw :) Sounds like it was a party in the car! Missed you and glad you are back!

Brandon said...

It sounds like you had an ideal road trip, I'm kinda jealous. I was super happy that I got to spend a minute with you and your boys along the way.

Oh, and thanks (insert slight sarcasm) for getting that song stuck in my head...

laurel said...

Amazing Ang! This seriously sounds like a blast! Grand Canyon AND a high school musical marathon? Sounds like the perfect trip to me :)

All our emailing this week and I didn't even ask what you've been up to - sorry I'm so selfishly caught up in my own happenings!

hannah m said...

Wow! What a trip : love your itinerary and love your activity and snack choices. Sounds like a fun way to spend 525,600 minutes. (Now I have that song stuck in my head:-))
Do we get to see more photos from your adventures? :-)

Eva's Mom said...

oh, angie, james looks so grown up.

Nikki CB said...

Your trip! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Give me a call. We have not talked forever.

Christa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.