September 7, 2009

Big Sur

The California Coast Line is unbelievably breathtaking. As we would drive I would tell the boys with every other breath, "Look out the window! Isn't it amazing? Are you seeing this?" And it is at precisely this moment that I realize I am turning into my father...I want to take the longer, but more scenic routes. I am curious as to what those signs in brown say scattered along the road, at rest stops, etc. In this case, I find myself wondering all about the Pfeiffers, and why they get so much amazing property named after them. So blue. So beautiful.

7 comments:

lynette said...

so, was it just a weekend trip or more? i want to hear all about it!

Leslie said...

i love big sur. neal and i had a weekend away up there when we lived in LA. it was pure heaven.

hannah m said...

You three look so happy and content. Gorgeous.

jane maynard said...

yes, breathtaking IS the word! :) glad you guys tooled down to julia pfeiffer even though our kids were at their wits end...it was worth the view! :)

brooke said...

Wow. Wish we could have joined you. We are lucky to live here aren't we? What a cool picture Angie! I love the sparkle in everyone's eyes.

pops said...

Lovely photo amazing models

Kelley said...

Oooh, gorgeous. You are such a good mama, Angie.