February 11, 2007

Milk - Does it do a body good?


Chase can't drink milk with lactose - he is one of the intolerant. James can't stop drinking milk (in fear he often asks, "Are you sure my milk has the lactose?"). He loves it. I, myself, might be able to do without milk - but not without my cheese (note to self - do a blog entirely dedicated to cheese). But, this is all besides my point.

Here's what I heard...if you make a list of countries and their milk consumption, and a list of countries and their heart disease problem, by comparing a two, you'll see that there is a correlation. The more milk consumed, the bigger problem with heart disease.

We are the only mammal that once weaned, start drinking another kind of milk. I'm not making any judgements - I just think its interesting. Thanks Dr. Zimmerman - I am still thinking about this.

Its a good thing ice cream doesn't come from milk - oh, wait a minute. It looks like I'll be addicted to cow for quite some time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like milk either. My doctor once told me that I needed more calcium in my diet and when I said I refused to drink milk or eat yogurt, he said, "Well, I guess you will just have to eat more ice cream." Yipee! Orders from a doctor to eat more ice cream - I love it! (chunks of cheese are great, too!)

Anonymous said...

I feel like mothers milk is is the realm of sacred. Have I ever mentioned that I want to be a nursing mother in heaven.

Oh, okay.....Catherine (mom)