April 9, 2007

Medjool and Gray Hair


On Saturday night, I went to the city and caught up with old friends at Medjool (in the Mission) it had a great terrace overlooking the city.

So, this what happens every time we haven't seen each other for awhile...its a little awkward as we politely ask each other about residency, children, and family. We avoid the temptation to talk about "old times" for fear it will come across that we haven't done anything new. We pause, laugh, and then someone finally breaks the ice. We then laugh and tell stories - friends dressed in drag; cravings for the smell of gasoline; and share in horror and laughter our first gray hair sightings.

Yes, I said gray hair. The first one I found earlier this year I pulled out so fast. And the second one, I simply cried. I had no idea it happened so early. But, these girls know and we will all soon follow Heather's pioneering footsteps and turn thirty this year. Yep, I'm almost old. It feels nice knowing I'm not going there alone.

And although, I am decidedly less cool than Jenny, less schooled than Dr. Iezza, less confident than Hannah, less busy than Mindy, and less organized than Heather - I can proudly and without hesitation say that -- I am still the shortest. And I treasure these girls who knew me before I plucked my eyebrows - and still loved me!

22 comments:

Ann said...

you're lucky you've only found 2 gray hairs. I've been finding them for about 10 years-and with even more frequency in the past couple of years! Can't wait til I can afford to color it! :) Mindy looks great-fun to see her!

Leslie said...

sounds like a blast, angie!
you look fabulous!

familia Bybaran said...

I started finding them last year and I have dark hair and the gray ones seem to come in with a vengeance--really wiry and all over the place. It's hilarious. I didn't cry, but my mom did.

You look great in the pictures. You would never know that you were a graying mom of two kids. He he. You look like a hot 20 year old.

jamieanne said...

Ahh. There's nothing like old friends where everything doesn't have to be explained and it can all hang out is there? Those are the best kind.

Anonymous said...

Angie, you're one of the best girls I know, and I'm so happy to have known you since that fateful day in 3rd grade. You're wise, adventurous, fun loving and true! You bring out the best in people, and that is a true gift.

Heather G. said...

After spending the past couple hours catching up on what you've been up to, I felt compelled to leave my first comment to a blog - EVER. Hope it displays properly. I just want to let you know that I am truly impressed by you and your wonderful boys. You made the comment on Saturday that sometimes you don't feel ready for 30 because you haven't accomplished enough. My opinion is that you've accomplished a tremendous amount, and your boys are proof. I love that I got to see you again, and hope to see you more in the coming months, maybe in a quieter setting where we can chat some more about our gray hair (I really do have a BIG patch).

Ammon said...

I absolutely love this post! I know exactly what you mean by both the gray hairs (I have a couple reoccurring ones and I'm only 27!)and the plucking the eyebrows thing. This post made me laugh, thanks!

laurel said...

How hot are you in this picture?! 30? No way!

Megan said...

Angie you look amazing! Thirty will be an interesting b-day this year (not quite sure how I feel about it). How fun for you to catch up with friends!

Erin said...

Your too cute! I have had Grey hair for years, and I am only 24...

You look so cute in this picture! I love your hair!

Anonymous said...

Stu called me Rouge last night (the girl with the white hair streak in X-Men.) You would not believe how many "blonde" hairs I found.

Ann said...

I'm back again-I keep thinking about the picture you posted and you just look absolutely beautiful! I just had to come back and let you know. I love you, Ang!

Meg said...

Ang- you look GREAT! I'm serious you look just amazing. It's always so fun to get together with old friends. We miss you out here......

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ang you look so amazing in this picture! If you're aging it compliments you. 30 is the new 20, right?

love.boxes said...

Nothing like old friends. How fun. :)

angie said...

you all are so kind but here's the thing - if you constantly pull your hair into a pony tail,and never wear anything but sweats - the addition of a little makeup and heals is truly transforming!

Annie said...

Friends really are the greatest! You really do look great. Here's to friends, heels, and little lipstick!

Anonymous said...

Angie, you are sooo gorgeous! Such a cute pic!

For now said...

Angie you look amazing!!!! You talk about getting older. . . but you are the hippest girl I know!!

For now said...

side note- I wrote that you look amazing right before I read everyone elses comments:) so now I am saying only that I agree with all of the blogers. . . love ya! The most!

Anonymous said...

First of all 20 posts...sweet ang. Second of all you all look hot and Ang you are looking rather skinnny wow

Anonymous said...

Great gifts come in small packages. Couldn't resist the urge to compliment you as you are truly amazing.....and to be #22