May 20, 2007

Up, Up, and Away

True Story...My dad wanted to take James on an adventure to Moffett Field to see some old WWII planes. And when James heard the word plane, he was instantly excited. He asked Bompa, "What kind of planes will we be seeing?" I could see my dad hum and hah, trying to think of the right wording...but finally told him it would be a B-17. Here is James instant and honest response..."Oh, the Flying Fortress!! My Grandad, one of my other Grandpa's, when he was twenty-two, no twenty-three, he flew B-17's. He was a gunner." I couldn't even remember the nick-name, Flying Fortress long enough to write this story. I don't know how he stores it all. He ended up seeing a B-25 and watched the B-17 take off! A perfect James day. Thanks, Dad!

2 comments:

Erin said...

oh I love James! He is smarter than me! I wish I were close enough to babysit him still! :)

Jessie & Pat said...

How fun! That boy is just so amazing! I miss hearing the fun random little details that he rememberr. He's the sweetest. I miss him and his ability to be awed by the world around him, it's truly refreshing. I love you guys!