June 1, 2007

Lime Thyme

Have you ever heard of lime thyme before? I have heard of lemon thyme and of course plain old thyme - but never lime thyme! Anyhow, my mom bought some for her garden - I can't even think of what I can cook with it - but now my mind is racing. Here are some pictures of James and Grammy Kate gardening. Chase was busily preparing the soil - he is great at adding the soil supplements. Actually, before the new greens were planted Chase had seen the empty dirt and said, "Soil!" If that doesn't define a gardener...I actually just finished my resume and wrote "aspiring gardener" down at the bottom - so its official; James, Chase, and I are aspiring gardeners. The boys like the dirt part, and I like the learning names of different plants part. Thanks to our tutor, we may even have a chance of becoming gardeners - thanks, Grammy!

PS - the last three blog titles have rhymed - what is that all about?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't mention my favorite "Rosemary Thyme". Great to see the boys in the soil! Fun fotos, great blog.

angie said...

Dad, you are so silly - Rosemary and Thyme are two different herbs - but they are in that Beatles song next to each other :)

For now said...

Gillian and I have been out in the garden as well!!! Sugar peas is our forte' though- we made three straight lines. And I can't tell you the work that went into it! wowie!

Quote from Gillian "Sugar lumps and Camel humps"