June 12, 2007

The Object of My Desires



I know its a little silly, but I can't stop thinking about this lab coat. I want it, need it, but feel fairly silly about both the wanting and needing. Its a lab coat after all...a lab coat. The truth is, I am teaching a science class this summer for eight weeks and I feel like I may be more respected if I am wearing one of these white beauties. I asked Ben to snag one from his dental office - but no luck. If I had one, I know I would feel like I was wearing a costume (that suddenly reminds me...I did wear a lab coat as part of a costume when I was Elizabeth Shue's character from the Saint - you know the scientist - Dr. Emma Russell - where is that coat I wonder and digress). Anyhow, would you take a science teacher seriously is she weren't wearing a lab coat?

6 comments:

familia Bybaran said...

I think you need the coat too. It's dangerous in those science classrooms. And I think it would help your students take things more seriously. I think you should always wear lab goggles around your neck and walk around with a clip board. That will show them.

That's so exciting that you are teaching a science class. That would be my dream. I love Science. O-chem was my favorite class in college.

Anonymous said...

What a gift you will be to young minds, Angie. You enjoy the uniqueness of youth and won't ask them to fit into square holes.

Anonymous said...

I once had a chem teacher that had a tie-die lab coat- you should look into getting one of those- although she was a little crazy...

Anonymous said...

PS- how'd that "Dr. Emma Russell" costume work out- dont get me wrong big fan of her/the movie- but I feel you must have had to do a lot of explaining that night.

Anonymous said...

Angie, have I got a lab coat for you. Not only is it fabulous, it's also storied. It's been spattered by everything from root fungus to dorsal root ganglia, traveled cross country, and visited middle school as well as college science labs.

I'll get it to you this week.

Annie said...

too funny. I went to the dry cleaners this morning and the woman in front of me was picking up a lab coat. I couldn't help but think of you. So glad that it look like you have got your hand on the object of your desire. :)