July 8, 2007

A Man and His Hog

More like two little men and their big wheels...



When Chase first got his "bike" his eyes got wide and he could nary concentrate. I'm certain his pupils turned into little spider web wheels for just one instant. The bike couldn't be built fast enough, his shoes wouldn't get on his feet fast enough, and he certainly could not get on it fast enough. With the cars parked on the street he had room to roam. And just when you were certain he couldn't be more in-the-moment; he got off of his bike and ran straight to Bompa Roy with outstretched arms. A hug to say thank you. And then to Grammy with another huge hug. And I got one - he was so full of gratitude it was spilling over. It was such a sweet moment - I am amazed over and over at how thoughtful Chase is--thoughtful and cute. Here's a video of he and his brother in action - Chase can't quite reach the pedals so he has developed his own style.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

my mom always says, there is no greater creation than a little boy between the ages of 2 and 5. nobody in the whole world is easier to please or more fun to watch.

Ashley A. said...

I dig Chase's style! What a sweetie.

Ammon said...

This is so adorable! I love Chase's "Flintstones style." Where did James go? I guess he left ya'll in his dust!

catherine said...

Leslie's mom totally got it right!!!!!

For now said...

the expression on his face is just priceless!! We couldn'e watch the video- so we are wanting to come and see the real thing!
xo
em

Anonymous said...

I swear I will never be happier than when I get to be with those boys. If only we could all be as thoughtful as our dearest chase.

Anonymous said...

boys after my own heart.

For now said...

I saw it fo the first time today!! love, love, loved it!!