July 22, 2007

Mystery Solved or Midnight - part II


Remember the black fabric? Well...here he is, Harry Potter, himself. He went to bed early and I woke him up just before midnight to join the throngs of people. We made wands, wished for butter beer that sold out, and James even entered the spelling bee. He spelled M-A-L-F-O-Y and was greeted with cheers and applaud for the youngest contestant by far. He literally glowed after being handed his winning poster.

At midnight, the crowds just seemed to get denser. The waiting, the excitement. And of course, a "Free the House Elves" sign. Did I mention, I've already finished reading it! What fun to be part of a worldwide phenomenon. Its crazy. Its fun. The Weasley twins were setting off poppers and you should have seen the house elves costumes - not to mention Mad-Eye Moody and his golf ball eye. Did I mention, I'm a nerd?
Here we are just before we left. James was disheartened that I didn't dress up, so I conjured a Slytherin costume, because I could only find a green tie. James had to attend with an enemy (he donned me Patsy Parkinson).


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mia said, "Hey, mom, did they just color that on his head?" (pointing to the scar.) She was worried. I don't have the book yet - ahhh!

Ann said...

so fun! i'm glad that james is into HP-he's an adorable replica! we are deeply engrossed and can't wait to find out what happens. what a special memory for you and james.

Anonymous said...

I love this so much! This happy memory will be a story that James tells his grandkids one day. Love it, love it!

Annie said...

Oh, this might be the BEST thing that I have ever seen! What a great memory. I love it!!!

Alicia said...

oh my gosh, you are the coolest mom ever! i bet your kids love you. would you believe i have never read any of the harry potter books and have only seen the first movie? but with all this hype, i have been feeling the bug... maybe one day soon i'll sit down and plow through the whole series... your blog is enough to make me want to do just that!

Kelley said...

What a blast! James is a handsome boy. That is some family resemblance the two of you have going on...wow.

Granum Family said...

You are seriously the cutest mom ever! How fun! I'm sure it will be a night that you guys will never forget!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it. You are so creative. I wish I had memories like these as a kid.


You guys look awesome.

Love ya, Kim B.

Meg said...

I love it! James looks great! Sounds like such a fun time for everyone!

Anonymous said...

Im so proud, and man that robe was looking professional, who knew a robinson could sow?

Ammon said...

What a great night! I was wondering where Midnight Part 2 was? Did the book hold up to your expectations?

Erin said...

You are the funnest mom! I am glad you have ask angie, hopefully some of the wisdom and fun can rub off on me! I still remember you telling me how you let your boys cut your hair once! How cute is that?

Anonymous said...

A finer Potter can NOT be found! Awesome team Ang!

Eva's Mom said...

You are the rockin-est mama in this town!

For now said...

I want you to know how often I come back to these pictures! Precious- simply.