August 21, 2007

Lemonade and Cookies x 2



The number one rule of summer is...
STOP at all lemonade stands.

Today as I was driving home from James' last swimming lesson, I pulled over for the cutest little six year old girl selling lemonade and cookies. It reminded me of the summer my sister stopped at what looked to be like a lemonade stand. But, the little girl was selling pet rocks. Pet Rocks!! How cute is that?

Anyhow, I have to sadly admit I have broken the number one rule of summer three times this year - and buying three glasses today helps me feel better.

I must also say that the little girl did a much better job with the lemonade than the ladies from the school board. They were serving lemonade and cookies as well. It was this afternoon, at a before school get together, and I learned all about the props and parcel taxes that pay for schooling. Lets just say, that the treats were the highlight.

But for my final tangent, let me just say that my cookie recipe and the Limeade from Odwalla would probably earn the more that the little girl and definitely more than the school board woman...maybe I should have a lemonade stand. Do you think I'd get benefits?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lemonade on a hot day......Nirvana!

Ann said...

remember Abbie's lemonade stands during the 'summer of the college girls?' didn't she and her friends earn a couple hundred dollars?!? i remember driving down your street and seeing these girls waving frantically at every car that passed-they got them all to stop and made them all pay for lemonade and cookies. wish i had their guts!

catherine said...

Angie's cookies!!! The best - you'd make millions, who needs to come up with a career