August 22, 2007

tummy ache

I was going to do a cute post about the shoes and backpack James picked out for Kindgergarten. But, I just can't. Try as I might, I cannot feign any excitement for the rotten first day of school tomorrow. We went and met his teacher today with all of the other kids in his class - and all I felt was a tummy ache. You know, the kind of yucky feeling you have when you don't want to go to swim lessons (well, that's what James has been telling me at least). Anyhow, I want to sit down and mourn his childhood - I feel like its over. I thought I would feel elated - but nope, sick. I don't want to pretend I'm fun and cute when meeting the other moms - I'd rather just hide. So, there it is, the truth.

6 comments:

angie said...

ps - if he was distraught it might make it easier because i could focus on him and helping him - but he can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I had a hard time with my first as well, but just wait until it is your last one heading off to kindergarten. I am so depressed it is killing me. It is not only the end of his childhood, but the end of my being a mother of young children.

Ammon said...

Is it a rotten half day or a rotten full day of school?
Also, my prescription for tummy aches like these...
LOTS OF CHOCOLATE!
It works like magic... plus it always works for Harry Potter!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I know exactly how you feel. I also had that on the verge of crying thing whenever I talked with his teacher. I felt like such a overprotective nut case- especially knowing he would be eating lunch, restrooms, all that stuff without me. Tough business.
James looks absolutely thrilled in his photo. I love how particular he is- I could not imagine him any other way!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

And is DeDe the Miss DeDe P. who wants to be a millionaire champ from NYC?

BreAnna said...

you are so wonderful, I love your honesty!! You are an inspirational mom to say the very very least!