October 3, 2007

love, from Cori


















Name: Cori Fugal
Has known Angie for: 4 years
Met her: in NYC

I remember sitting at your table enjoying chicken fajitas; thanks for inviting us to dinner.

I remember strolling with our kids through Chinatown on the way to music class.

You, twirling James around and around, not being afraid to get down and dance with him. Thanks for helping me remember what’s important; have fun with your kids before it’s too late.

I remember you holding on your lap a difficult child in Primary whose mom was newly baptized so he would stay in class and she could go to class. BTW…I just saw her the other day she is active in church.

I remember being invited to a shower for a mutual friend. I had a hectic week and postponed getting a gift. The morning of the shower I stopped at Duane Reade for diapers. I remember finding out you did the same thing that morning. You became real to me that day.

I remember you found a new little park just built along the Promenade. You were so excited because it had water for the kids and seats in the SHADE for us. You always appreciated the little things in life and help others to do the same.

I remember you seeking out those people who were a little blue, needed a friend, or just someone to sit with. You have always been a friend to everyone never wanting in return.

I remember one day James pushed a child smaller than him at a small mom gathering. All eyes were on you. You stayed cool, disciplined him, then showed an outpouring of love. You have amazing kids, not by chance.

I remember seeing you on the ground playing, really playing with not only your children but everyone else’s too. You were in your element. No wonder we all go to Miss Angie for advice.

Do you have an "I remember" about Angie? Email laneanderson@gmail.com.
Photos, images, videos welcome too!

1 comment:

angie said...

you wouldn't take no for an answer - and that means everything to me - i really don't have the words - but thank you, more than you will ever know