October 3, 2007

love, from Holly

Name: Holly Hancey
Has known Angie: for a very short time, when she was Primary President in the US1st ward
Met her: in NYC

I actually don't know Angie very well- or rather- she does not know me very well. I remember when she called me to be the Nursery Singing Time Leader. I was so nervous about the calling since I imagined myself singing a solo in front of fifteen 2 year olds. My first Sunday at it I was pretty shaky and I know the kids thought I was not only crazy but pretty bad at singing.

Angie came in to show me how it was done. She knelt down on the floor and proceeded to animate her way through "Goin On a Lion Hunt". The spirit poured out of her and the children were just drawn to her. I watched in amazement and thought to myself "Yes, I can do this. Holly you must BE Angie. Fake it till you make it."

So for months I pretended like I wasn't embarrassed and before I knew it I think I was having more fun down on the floor with all those nursery children singing our silly songs. I am not in that calling anymore but I still have a special love for those nursery children- a love that Angie taught me through "Goin on a Lion Hunt" so effortlessly and so sweetly. Thank you Angie!

1 comment:

angie said...

thank you - holly, i remember wanting you for that calling so badly - your goodness is tangible - i can still remember the way i felt just talking to you