October 3, 2007

love, from Lys-An

Name: Lys-An Record
Has known Angie for: about 1 year
Met her: at church, in nursery, waiting for our little boys to grow
out of the "I'm afraid of Mom to leave" stage

I remember when we went to the movies. It was the first time I'd been to a movie with just girls in a LONG time and it felt so good.

I remember, after first meeting Angie, thinking how impressively
outward focused she is. She is one of those people I want to be,
always looking for ways to fill the needs of others in such a casual,
loving way. Selflessness if a true part of her character.

I remember going to her sister's wedding reception in the Annex and
being stunned. It was incredible. From the funny place cards that
made me laugh, to the delicious food, to the little jars of color
coordinated candy, to the beautiful lanterns hanging from the
ceiling...every detail was thought of. This girl had creativity
coming out her pores.

I remember riding the train to the park about two weeks after I had my second baby. All I remember is that lady telling me I had to fold up my stroller and not being able to remember how to fold it up.

I remember the taco salad she brought after Kate was born. I'm still
trying to recreate it.

I remember her earnestly insisting that I add her to my emergency
people to call when the baby comes list.

1 comment:

angie said...

i can't imagine not knowing you, i am so glad i know you...you have a calm that is infectious...and a strength that is palpable!