October 7, 2007

love, from Mackenzie

Name: Mackenzie Brasher
Has known Angie since: I moved to NYC 5 years ago
Met her: at church

I remember when I first met Angie and she was the kindest person I had ever met. She was smiling (of course!) and took the time to make me feel welcome in a new place.

I also remember a time that I needed advice on my son's crazy sleeping and I sent her an email because I had heard that she was "the" person to ask about kid stuff. Instead of writing me back a short email, she called me and talked to me for almost
an hour about it. It was just what I needed.

I remember the first time I went to her apartment and displayed on the outside of her front door were the art projects that James had created that week. And I also
remember one of the first times I saw her interact with James (before Chase was born). She talked to him like a person (unlike how I see so many people in the city talk to their children) and it definitely inspired me to be a kinder, gentler, more patient and more loving mother.

1 comment:

angie said...

you are too kind - and i am sure you were the one welcoming - you have a gift for kindness!