October 6, 2007

love, from Ann






Name: Ann Burningham
Has known Angie: 9 years
Met her: in Provo, UT

I remember Angie dressing up as Ginger spice for Halloween one year and turning her whole face, neck, arms and hands pink by the end of the night.

I remember having a pinata for her 22nd birthday.

I remember laughing with Angie...a lot!

I remember having long talks on her big bed and sometimes 'sleeping over.'

I remember being an 'old married couple' with Angie twice. Once in Provo: we'd give each other rides to and from campus (which was about 4 blocks away); we'd call each other from my upstairs room to her basement room using walkie talkies to say 'goodnight.' And again in California: car pooling her brothers and sisters to and from school and other errands.

I remember riding horses in Wyoming and Angie was 'being big' so the horses would be afraid of her and head to the corral.

I remember hiding chocolate chips all over the kitchen.

I remember mischief...lots and lots of mischief.

I remember driving over an hour to a wedding on empty stomachs only to be greeted with ...water. And while driving to and from the wedding, learning to sing parts to Aladdin's' "A Whole New World."

I remember lots of road trips: Las Vegas-several times; LA; Yosemite.

I remember 'saving' jelly fish at Half Moon Bay-only to have the poor things ripped in half by the sticks we were using to fling them back into the ocean because we were too scared to touch them.


I remember always wanting to call Angie when things were hard for me. She always reminded me of who I am and what my talents are and reminded me to always remember my gifts from my Heavenly Father. She loves me unconditionally and is completely free of judgement. She has inspired me to take chances. She has taught me so much about the Gospel. She has taught me how to be a good friend. I always say 'Angie knows me better than I know myself' and it's so true! She always knows exactly what I need to hear.


I love you, Angie!!


Do you have an "I remember" about Angie? Photos, images, videos accepted, too! Email laneanderson@gmail.com

4 comments:

Leslie said...

these are so fun to read! :)

Lane said...

Thank you, Ann Louise! You always were the best historian. I love this collage. I had forgotten about some of these moments, like the jellyfish.

Thanks for the reminders of some good times with some of my all-time favorite people.

angie said...

i don't have any pictures of the hike up half dome - and i'm glad you do! just seeing that picture reminds me that i "can do hard things" - love you, ann louise!

Katie said...

I love the trip down memory lane. There are so many things I temporarily forgot. Thank you for the reminders. Who really needs to grow up? Not us...