February 27, 2008

Keeping it Real

A friend asked: Is there anything you don't do?

My response with a crooked smile: Shower...

The truth is there is so much that I don't do - I usually rush around getting just the bare minimum done. Lunch was made 2 minutes before we had to leave for school. I kept my eyes closed in bed while pretending to play cars with my three year old for at least a half an hour this morning. I still haven't brushed my drying hair (although I did shower). But, although I fall short, I keep chugging (or does that little blue engine puff)? Anyhow, I keep on keeping on.

7 comments:

Ashley A. said...

At least you washed your hair, that is more than I can say. While trying to put on makeup at warp speed, Max flushed the toilet at least 10 times saying, "bye bye pee-ew."

Ammon said...

Just admit it. You are the modern day Mary Poppins! But thanks for keepin' it real. I like picturing you with wet hair creating flower arrangements, singing songs, and rolling around with your kiddos. It's you. Very Mary Poppins, but very you!

Leslie said...

i haven't brushed through my wet hair yet, either. in fact, i go places with wet, unbrushed hair, so how real is that!? :)

angie said...

ashley, makeup! wow! that puts me to shame, because it is something i attempt once or twice a week!

and, lynette, i am all about that "spoonful of sugar" part of Mary Poppins, but that is about it :)

leslie, i am certain that somehow your wet, unbrushed hair looks exotic (because i've traveled with you and you "make it work!" - while mine is more a dread-lock situation!

hannah m said...

One of the things I love about you, Ang, is that you do all that you do with such passion, enthusiasm and a sweet smile on your sweet face!

PS Are you sure you don't glide through the sky while holding an umbrella? That would be supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Lisa said...

You amaze me. You really do.

I went for a run with Simon while the older two were gone so I'm just now headed to the shower...

Jennybug said...

I enjoy reading your blog, thanks for keeping it real!