February 26, 2008

Meet Anthurium


When I am working with flowers, they somehow become my friends. Beautiful Cymbidium Orchids I nickname Cyms. And I couldn't help but refer to my sweet delicate friend the Lisianthus, as Lizzie. But, I didn't always know the names of the flowers as well as I do now. So, I thought I would introduce you to Anthurium. I have never worked with him before - but he is enchanting. The pink version looks desperately fake, but the green is such a wonderful color. It added a wonderful dimension to the largest arrangement we did for the wedding. Here are a few wedding shots - it was lovely. And I couldn't have done it without the help of her or her.

11 Tables with a version of this

11 smaller tables had these
(you know i love flowers in water and the grass turned out nicely)

Can you find my friend, Anthurium?
Cheerio.

15 comments:

Ammon said...

I spy Anthurium (I keep wanting to say Arthurium).
Practically perfect in every way! Great job!

Kimmy Sunshine said...

I love it, I too found him. I truly hope some of your talents rub off on me. Love ya.

Kyndra said...

These flowers are stunning! Absolutely gorgeous! The bride was smart to ask you!

angie said...

thanks, guys. the pictures don't do it justice - flowers just more themselves in real life (it is one reason i don't fuss too much at how unphotogenic i am - if a flower doesn't photographic well, it is more than ok that i don't:)

hannah m said...

Oooo, I've been waiting for this post! Stunning.

What are those darling little green pea-like flowers in the big arrangement?

angie said...

Hannah, they are Hypericum Berries - so darling! We have this floral spray that shines them up for arrangements, but even without they are really fabulous little guys. I had seen them in the red, but not the green. And I found Berzilia (the most enchanting greens with baby tiny berry-type things)!

Lisa said...

Love it all. I especially love the flowers and grass in water. Beautiful!!

Ashley A. said...

While I was once working on an arrangement I put a bucket of yellow freesia on the floor and Miss Famous introduced herself by taking a bite. She must have found their signature "salt and pepper" scent appetizing...like pretty much everything else that dog encounters!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job! where was this wedding?

Annie said...

absolutely beautiful.

angie said...

abbie, it was at the pacific athletic club

eryn said...

Angie, you're amazing! Is this, perhaps, the blossoming of a 2nd career? Very elegant!

Lane said...

So so pretty! Flowers always remind me of the Robinson household. I love greens together and these are so pretty and fresh. You have a talent.

Melissa said...

I'm just floored at how beautiful those bouquets are!! You're sooo incredibly talented.

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

I didn't realize you were into this stuff, but I guess that's a silly thing for me to say because of you course you are into this stuff. The flowers are beautiful.