February 1, 2008

One Year Old


So, I've just learned that today is the birthday of my blog (a word, I'm afraid, I may never like). But, I couldn't help but look back. Here's how it all began:


Why Cheerios?
I would like to state, for the record, I do not like Cheerios. Not even one bit. I actually think it smells a bit like goat food - on quiet mornings I can literally be heard saying, "This smells like goat food." But, the strangest thing happened when I was pregnant with James and Chase. About two weeks into both pregnancies I started craving Cheerios - not the honey nut or apple cinnamon - just the plain old Cheerios. I ate it and ate it and ate it. I loved it, I needed it. I know its high in folic acid - but really. Anyway, I decided to call this blog, Cheerios--to write about the things I both love and hate.


I think that what I wrote then still holds true and I've tried to be genuine.

So, I'll make a treat, and suggest that you have a cupcake too (the one above is from the Cupcake Cafe - I would definitely say the prettiest cupcake I ate in New York).

Cheerio.

12 comments:

Lys said...

That's so funny. I am just about to take a bite of a pumpkin cupcake as we speak...ah... I mean as I type. Happy Birthday Blog!

kristen said...

happy birthday blog!

catherine said...

Happy Birthday and Long Live Cheerios!!!!
I've loved your blog this year and learned how to start my own, which blossomed into others starting and I feel a connection to sooo many assorted folks,
Thanks for showing me how!

Ann said...

congrats on your accomplishment! i love reading it and check it everyday! my life would be boring without your cheerios! love you!

Ammon said...

I love 2 kinds of Cheerios. The Honey-nut kind and the Angie kind! Happy blog birthday!

hannah m said...

Happy, happy blog birthday!

What kind of treat did you make to celebrate? And yes, that is one of the most lovely cupcakes I've seen.

angie said...

i ate a delicious homemade pink cupcake - but pretty isn't the word i would use to describe a cupcake that chase sprinkled - inventive - perhaps

Anonymous said...

Yea Angie! I love your blog so much more than I love Cheerios.

Lane said...

Happy Blogiversary to one of my favorite bloggers! It seems very appropriate that your blog is about things you love and hate, and blogging is something you're also ambivalent about at times. It works.

I love your blog because you don't feel so far away.

Kelley said...

How could you even bite into that creation? So lovely, indeed.

Keep up the good blogging, Angie.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY this blog has been my good friend for quite some time now, so hip hip hooray. I loved to hear your voice the other night and as soon as i work out this skype business i want to talk to you more

ali said...

Happy Birthday Cheerios! I definitely like you (the blog) better than the namesake (the cereal).

:)