September 4, 2008

Fall means Football

Chase kept turning to me saying, "Mom, this is my FIRST football game." He loved every minute of it. Of course, he was busy watching the Stanford Band and the band's mascot (a tree)...he danced and danced and ate a licorice longer than him. James loved it too, but less for the music and more for the stats. His eyes never left the jumbo tron or the field. He was reading names, memorizing stats, and filling me in on anything I was missing (like the Quarterback's name - I'm not great at details or sports in general). Isn't it funny that so much fun can be had in such different ways: James the sport, Chase the atmosphere, and for me it was the company. Go Stanford!



4 comments:

hannah m said...

You guys are the cutest.

Ann said...

looks like a fun day!! lucy just came running up when she saw the picture shouting, 'chase!!' i'm so glad she remembers him!

barterboutique said...

did stanford win? your boys are so handsome. i love james' toothless grin!

angie said...

Stanford won!!