September 2, 2008

The Hills ARE Alive

The other night, we were watching Sound of Music (my attempt to watch something other than a cartoon with my children) and by the time Maria had done her spins on the hill and begun to sing, "The hills are alive..." James had already ran and found one of our favorite books: Giggle, Giggle, Quack. He turned to this page with triumph. His little eyes twinkled as he showed me. He understand it on a deeper level and loved it. He kept saying, "Moosic, Mom, they are watching The Sound of Moosic - get it?!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back! Will James ever cease to amaze! Love it love it love it

catherine said...

How I adore that boy!

barterboutique said...

he's so perceptive!
but, when i saw the title, i thought your post was going to be about the other hills (on mtv) because they are alive too! i;m such a sucker for rich kid drama!

angie said...

Lynette, LC's Hills are definitely alive too! I can't get enough of the drama - I wonder why she broke it off with Doug - I think she still likes Brodie...

RATCH said...

Oh my goodnes that is so cute... those are the moments that make a mothers heart melt.

barterboutique said...

she's totally still hung up on Brody and, i mean, can you blame her? he's super cute!

angie said...

lynette, i don't know about brody...he was friends with spencer to start with...

hannah m said...

James's twinkling eyes don't miss a beat; what a sweetheart.

I love how the comments have turned to the other Hills - where my ever increasing disdain for Spencer is kind of enjoyable...his flesh colored facial hair freaks me out.

Annie said...

what a smart boy! we need to come down and see you or you need to come up and spend the day in the city with us!