May 4, 2010

If I were a flower...


I have oft tried to choose a favorite flower and somehow I always fail.  There are too many:  the tree peony, the gardenia, the ranunculus. But this week I went to the Flower Mart in San Francisco three times, and on one of my trips I decided.

Lily of the Valley.  It is my favorite.  It is delicate and understated and the most delightful fragrance.

Normally the tiniest bunch is thirty dollars because it is imported.  But this week, I heard the magic word:  LOCAL.  I got my sweet Lily for ten dollars and have looked at it on my desk and smiled everyday.

I have to say that if I were a flower, I would want to be a Lily of the Valley.  I would want to be everything she is everyday.

7 comments:

Annie said...

So pretty, and I don't know if I have ever seen one before, but the name is so familiar.

brooke said...

Oh Angie, how I wish I had you near to help me plant flowers in my yard and soak in some of your wisdom. I miss you all the time and enjoy reading your words!

Nikki CB said...

Thanks for introducing them to me the other day. They are lovely and the fragrance is amazing.

hannah m said...

So lovely, just like you! I don't know if I've ever smelled the actual flower - I'll keep my eyes out. xoxo

Angie said...

These are my favorite flower and you would definitely be Lily of the Valley. So beautiful. I once found this growing in an alley when we lived in Chicago...I went crazy picking some for our home. Love. Love.

For now said...

I miss this blog...

For now said...

I miss this blog...