May 16, 2010

Surgecenter


My sweet boy had his tonsils and adenoids out this week.  He came out of surgery as white as a ghost, but when he was coming to he had the biggest smile on his face.  He looked like he had just awoken from a two week nap and his cheeks were apple-ly and smile so wide.  But then he had trouble waking all the way up.  He kept tossing.  He would sit up and I would tell him to lie down and he would do it, only to toss and turn and sit up again.  He doesn't remember that I softly sang him awake.  But he says he does remember having the nurse follow us to the car.  I held him tight against me in the biggest hug, because I was so happy that everything went smoothly. 

He has happily eaten popsicles, sorbet, and even lactose free Breyers ice cream.  And we discovered Macaroni and Cheese (with the whole cheese part, there is no point in buying it).  But for some reason, I just cooked the pasta part and poured in some of his milk and he gobbled it down.   It must be the boiling it for 12-14 minutes that just makes it so soft you don't even need to chew. 

I'm happy to have him home and safe.

7 comments:

Ann said...

my heart is pounding in a nervous sort of way just reading this post. i'm so glad you BOTH made it through this. hope the recovery is quick!

hannah m said...

Sweet Chase and Sweet Angie...So, so glad you're on the safe, healthy and happily-eating-cold-icy-yummies side of surgery. I can just picture that big tight hug... xo

Shanna said...

I'm glad everyone made it through safe and sound! Best wishes!

Kelley said...

Oooh, how scary, Angie. I'm glad everything went well. Your kids are gorgeous.

Carrie Hellewell said...

I'm so glad Chase made it through! Nothing is more frightening than sending your child to the unknown. Glad he's feeling more like his usual self!

rebecca said...

I'm so glad he is okay (and that you made it through)..oh how tight that hug must have been and how sweet you singing him awake.
I'll never forget the sweet taste of the mint chocolate chip milkshake my aunt brought me after my tonsils were removed, it made surgery okay.

lynette said...

even though the doctors tell you it's a safe procedure, surgery is surgery! so glad he made it through and is on the mend!