February 28, 2007

Picasso Heist

"Maya and the Doll" and "Portrait of Jacqueline"

Now, I'm no news junkie (although 416 points is a pretty hard fall on Wall St) - but learning that two Picasso's were stolen is my favorite kind of news. This is straight out of "To Catch a Thief!" and even a little "Ocean's 12." Cary Grant and George Clooney would make a dashing team...

"Pablo Picasso's portrait of his second wife Jacqueline -- one of two paintings worth a total of 50 million euros that were stolen from Diana Widmaier Picasso's apartment in Paris' upmarket seventh district disappeared overnight Monday to Tuesday." By JEAN-PIERRE VERGES, Associated Press Writer

5 comments:

angie said...

i have to admit, that even though i like picasso, if i was ever painted in such a way, i think i'd cry.

Anonymous said...

Thsi is absolutey appallnig! nI honor of Pciasso, i decdIIded to mssisplace an msIsshape all my "i's".

Anonymous said...

#1 I love dads comment
#2 I want you to know ang- that checking your blog has become my favorite thing I do every day. Not a lie.
#3 Carry Grant- what a dream

jamieanne said...

I don't understand why one would want to a)take something that isn't theirs, and b) then have to hide it away, instead of c) beautifully displaying it as it was meant to be.

Ammon said...

I think Carly might draw(or scribble) that well. There are too many pictures of me where I look this way and while I nod pleasingly at
Carly's "masterpiece" inside I'm REALLY saying, "Do I really look like THAT?"