March 17, 2007

March Trampoline Madness

The Madness has spilled into the backyard. Today the brackets were drawn and destiny was on the line. Those who follow seater-war eagerly anticipated this famed competition. Here's how it looked...

Games of note:
Ben vs. Ridi - proved to be one of the most exciting games of all - to have such giants meet in such an early round gave early hype to the contest. But, Ben's pattented spin seater proved to be triumphant.
Josh vs. C (the wild card - meaning Chase or Catherine) - Catherine sadly lasted one jump remembering too late that nylons have poor trampoline grip.
James vs. Ben - James was able to power jump Ben all of the way off the trampoline.
Mimi vs. Josh - the handshake to begin the match included a kiss - but was it legal?!
Roy vs. Ben - Ben never laughed harder.
Angie vs. Josh - the longest match of the day - both were red and sweating by the time Angie finally triumphed.
The Championship Handshake
Go James!

Number Nine won the entire tournament!


Chase held his own, and stayed smiling...

even after this!

14 comments:

Leslie said...

that is AWESOME! oh how fun. so the objective is to make the other person fall over, lose their balance? sounds like a blast. what fun your boys have. :)

Ann said...

wish we could have been there to join in the fun! I'm still dying to redo the pat vs. family chin up competition! any takers? although pat would probably still whoop us!

Anonymous said...

toooooo funny sounds like there might have been some blood spilt.

angie said...

The seater-war is a competition where you do "seaters" aka bounce and sit and then stand, sit, stand - no double jumps - and whomever breaks the rhythm looses.

And, Ann, I don't even know where the chin up bar is - I think too many people ran straight into it with their foreheads - so it has been dismantled.

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo jealous that I missed this one. We definietly have to have some more serious family competitions when Pat and I are in town! I can't wait to see you all! It'll mix up the competition a bit with Pat and I, although I am sure James would still reign as champion.

Lane said...

Oh, man! I wish I were still at the Robinson house. I might lose the sit-up war and the chin-up war, but I would find the chocolate chips :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MY FAMILY SO SO SO SO MUCH I WISH I COULD BE WITH ALL OF YOU RIGHT RIGHT NOW

Ammon said...

I love this family too, and I'm not even a member! I loved this post--the pictures made me laugh out loud!

jamieanne said...

This is seriously amazing. I don't know which I like more...the labeled bracket, the awesome pics, or the idea of jumping on a trampoline again!

For now said...

The competition started with a pledge. And although I tried my darndest, James "took me low down"- he is quite the trash talker!

Anonymous said...

I heard there is a video of this amazing event and i am requesting that it be shared via blog

catherine said...

There is a picture with the "grand dame of the Robinson clan" in mid flight. Call with the highest bid!

Anonymous said...

I tried once, I tried twice, I was wupped both times....but at least I bounced!

The Chase/James head to head was awesome!

And I know where the chocolate chips AND the chinup bar are hidden.

Ann said...

i just checked back in and i'm still jealous that i wasn't there! seater-wars, chin-up competitions, and chocolate chip hunts...i miss it all!!