May 23, 2007

Bay to Breakers



As guest blogger I figure that I might aswell come in with a bang (Also when i was once a superhero my name was "BLAM", so I'm doing my superhero name proud). This 7.45 mile bacchanalia went on this weekend and i was lucky enough to take part. Really running through the streets in costume is a learning experience if nothing else:

  1. When approaching a crowd and you see naked bottoms don't turn around once you have passed, it will ruin at least the rest of your day if not longer
  2. Free stuff never ceases to draw a crowd
  3. Don't start at the back of the race and attempt to catch up with the runners because you will be caught between people screaming at you that "runners eat babies". Yes, it was a shock to me too, but maybe i haven't reached that point in my running career yet. Watch out Chase.
  4. Costumes chafe...more than you know, my favorite costume was a life size Sudoku.
  5. "Breakers" is a code name for ocean, it took me far to long to realize that

PS I apologize to anyone who doesn't find a funny booty funny, also to Angie...she didn't know what she was doing having me guest blog

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABBIE! Were you dressed as a superhero? I loove that you ran Bay to Breakers! I miss you so much! Can we please never go that long without seeing each other again? Love the booties.

angie said...

this is so funny! i love that you had seven plus miles of this!

jamieanne said...

I can't stop laughing! This is so so good.

Ammon said...

"I like bug butts and I cannot lie"... and I like you too, Snap!
Greatest Guest Blog Post ... EVER!

Anonymous said...

Woa! I think 2930 is me!!!

angie said...

alex, i'm a bit curious why you chose 2930...

Anonymous said...

I know...totally the grossest one right?

catherine said...

I am seeing way too much cellulite on these men. I didn't even know men could get cellulite, I thought that was a woman thing....and speaking of woman thing.....I shudder to think of what a mother of a grundle of kids would look like...in her mid- 5o's---skin like an old bassett hound ----Oh wait----I think I've already seen her.....NO COMMENT

Anonymous said...

What a fashion statement. It does appear that they had good enough sense to wear sunglasses and hats to protect their eyes and heads from the sun..........