August 26, 2007

Lullaby

I love singing lullabies to my children. There is something so gratifying about singing for all I'm worth without being told I can't sing. They like the company so endure the sounds...Tonight I invented quite a few words to Wynken, Blyken, and Nod. But, my kids favorite is Barges...

Out of my window looking in the night
I can see the barges’ flickering light;
Silently flows the river to the sea,
And the barges too go silently.


Chorus
Barges, I would like to go with you,
I would like to sail the ocean blue
Barges, have you treasures in your hold?
Do you fight with pirates brave and bold?


Out of my window looking in the night
I can see the barges’ flickering light;
Starboard shines green and port is glowing red,
You can see them flickering far ahead

5 comments:

laurel said...

I need to learn some new songs! This is a cute one. Our bedtimes usually go something like this:

"Child of God"
"Barney Song"
"Twinkle Twinkle"
"ABC's"

Ammon said...

Hey, this was a Girl's Camp favorite. If I was there, I'd sing the harmony with you-- might not sound pretty, but it'd be fun to sing!

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite "Willie in the street"...I used it on Chase last night and he loved it. I'm sure there will be requests for repeats.

vie said...

so cute. Abbie and I were talking a little while ago about how weird it was that my mom used to sing horrible, sad depressing songs to us, and how funny it is that it's taken me 20 years to figure that out. I just like how they sounded. :) I love it!

Lane said...

You are always great about songs. Didn't you used to make Katie sing you camp songs while you did sit-ups?

I remember "Me and My Dinosaur" was a favorite.

"Teeth as big as piano keys!" was my favorite line. Try that one on the boys!