October 17, 2007

Endorphins and More Endorphins

I signed up to run the Big Sur Half Marathon and its less than a month away. Consequently, my runs have taken on a new sense of urgency. In truth, running is one of my main coping mechanisms right now. So, as I head out on a run and feel like stopping, I think to myself, "You know you need more endorphins, Ang." And I couldn't agree with myself more. So, I'm not saying I'll make it...but I am sweating enough to hope that I will.

PS. Map My Run has changed my life. After each run, I carefully plot out where I went to see my mileage and even elevation. Its awesome - and I don't have to sign in to do it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness! No kidding about Map My Run. I love it. Especially when it tells me that I went farther than I thought, which makes my time even better.

Good luck on the half marathon. That is my all time favorite race distance. Enough to make you feel like you went a long way, but you aren't wasted for days after like a full marathon.

Ann said...

wow, ang! you amaze me! i am so excited (and scared!) for you! that's a huge accomplishment. i admire people who run because i am so NOT a runner! way to go!

Ammon said...

I admire people who run... and now I admire YOU even more!

Megan said...

Impressive Ang! I can barely handle the 5K distance. :)

hannah m said...

Ang, that's so awesome! What a beautiful and healing place to undertake such a physical endeavor. You rock my world.

Anonymous said...

Go Ang!!!

Lane said...

I can't even run like five miles so I am so impressed by people who run. Go, Ang! Big Sur is sososo beautiful, I hope it will inspire you and give you all the endorphins you deserve!