October 14, 2007

Eulogy

I feel like I have been able to attend my own funeral - the kind words that people sometimes save for the end of life, I got to hear in the midst of it. Thank you, all, my words aren't enough to say thank you - you'll have to trust me.

But on the funeral note, I realized the only thing missing from an actual funeral is the music - so I've thought long and hard and think that I want this to play at my funeral (I am not being morbid - again, just trust me).

To Where You Are by Josh Groban
Who can say for certain
Maybe youre still here
I feel you all around me
Your memories so clear
Deep in the stillness
I can hear you speak
Youre still an inspiration
Can it be
That you are mine
Forever love
And you are watching over me from up above
Fly me up to where you are
Beyond the distant star
I wish upon tonight
To see you smile
If only for awhile to know youre there
A breath aways not far
To where you are
Are you gently sleeping
Here inside my dream
And isnt faith believing
All power cant be seen
Asmy heart holds you
Just one beat away
I cherish all you gave me everyday
cause you are mine
Forever love
Watching me from up above
And I believe
That angels breathe
And that love will live on and never leave

7 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I am not familiar with the song but promise to listen to it. I have told Mike I want Pachelbel Canon in D at my funeral. I thinks it is so wrong to even talk about our own funerals. Oh, and sorry I TAG you. Look on my blog for the info!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

I meant to say "He thinks" not "I thinks" ALthough, I do think I am starting to truly talk like that!

hannah m said...

Ang, you inspire so many people by living fully and beautifully, and will no doubt continue to throughout your long life! I know I always feel inspired, peaceful and alive after I've had a dose of Angie!

Ammon said...

When I was little, my sister and I would play a morbid game where one of us would pretend we were dead while the other emptied their soul. It always ended the same way...both of us bawling!
I had a weird childhood.

Lane said...

LOL that this is the tile of your post! My husband kept saying this "I remember" thing sounded like a eulogy and I was like, IT DOES NOT.

So, maybe it kind of does? The good news for us is we still get to keep forming more memories with you. Hope you had a happy happy 30th..and many more :)

jamieanne said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I swear, I was just thinking yesterday about what song I want to play at my funeral and who would know that if I died (not in a morbid way, just thinking about a song and how much I love and feel like it captures me perfectly). Then I was thinking about posting it on my blog but thought it might be too much. I so so glad you posted this! Great song. Way to be bold!

Author said...

i've long wanted to have "only the good die young" by billy joel played at my funeral. it'd be awesome whether I died young or old...