October 6, 2007

love, from Jamie

Name: Jamie Anderson Calder
Has known Angie for: 9 years
Met her: at the Rose House, Provo, UT

I remember the infamous Rose House Girls magnificently transformed themselves into the Spice Girls one year for Halloween. Before I even saw them, I was certain Angie was Baby Spice. So perfect, so adorable, so likeable.

I remember the details of a pull-up contest at the Robinson home one summer. And my sister feeling like she was truly at home, away from home.

I remember a familiar face and beaming smile at the subway exit by Columbia University. So happy I didn't have to find the place and walk into the reading on my own.

I remember a friend so thrilled and excited for me to move downtown. I was excited too. Finally, I'd have the chance to steal my sister's friend (like all Andersons do) and call her my own. I remember shedding a tear when she wasn't there, and thinking 'how will I survive downtown without Angie?' I still like to call her my friend even though I didn't have the chance to make her my own.

3 comments:

Lane said...

Actually, Angie was Ginger Spice (see Anne's photos above). Katie was Baby Spice--another adorable and likeable person!

I do remember that you provided most of the clothes for my "Scary Spice" get-up. You were the only one with enough animal print :)

angie said...

jamie, my memory was baby spice too - i guess i'm spicier than i thought!

but, i thought the same thing that night before the reading! your smile and laugh (definitely laugh) are such happy thoughts to me!

jamieanne said...

Ok ok...so my memory isn't so perfect. But I'm pretty sure I got the rest of my memories right. I mean, I'm fairly certain it was Angie at the top of the Subway stairs!!!