October 2, 2007

love, from Dede

Name: Dede Plummer
Met Angie in: NYC at church

These are my memories:

1. Her oldest son and my youngest are the same age. My son did EVERYTHING late (walking, talking, etc.) and her son is a genius. She always said the right thing about how my son would be just fine (she was right) and never made me feel awkward about playdates when her son was so much more advanced than mine.

2. I was going through a rough time for a while wondering where my brain was and where had I lost it (very common among parents of young children). I remember having a great conversation with her about ways to keep our minds active. And then she got me to read Ayn Rand which I had always avoided...and boy did that wake my brain up.

2a. She always recommends the best books. Whenever I am in need of a good book recommendation I email Angie.

3. I remember her being very supportive when I chopped my hair off and went blond (Thanks to Lisa Marion the hairdresser).

4. When I moved I wrote her a long letter about how much her friendship meant to me. I feel bad because I don't think I ever sent it.

2 comments:

Lane said...

This last line about the letter is so telling. I have done the same thing before. Why do letters have such a hard time making it to the mail box?

angie said...

Dede, I miss you and love the thought of that letter - just knowing you wrote it...and I feel like I was the one on the receiving end of the relationship - you taught me so much just by being so comforatable with who you are!