October 3, 2007

love, from Leslie





















Name: Leslie Horn
Met Angie: In Provo, but became fast friends at London Study Abroad in Spring of 1998.

We had so much fun, we shared a room (with several other girls), and spent lots of time together in London and around England.

Angie and I were assigned to attend the same ward while in London, the Lea Valley Ward, in the north part of London. We were in the primary together. She led the music and I played the piano for a small group of "hell children." You can imagine how much fun those kids had with Angie and all of her boundless energy leading them in the primary songs. I had tears in my eyes as I played the piano on more than one occasion. Sometimes it was because I was laughing so hard, but most often it was because the spirit was palpable in the room. Those kids loved her and loved to sing for her.

Angie and I share a similar sense of humor, evidenced by the fact that we thought it was SO funny that we are both able to turn our feet out and toward the back so far that we can do backwards first position.

We were lucky enough to be the only two "normal" people to attend the Preston Temple Dedication with the weirdos from the BYU London Theater Group. We had way too much fun on the coach up to Preston and Liverpool, and took in the Tate Modern. I believe Angie spontaneously decided to get her hair cut in a random Liverpool salon that day.

I have so many more fun moments with Angie during those few weeks in England. I'm so proud to call her one of my friends and I am SO glad that she started a blog. :)




2 comments:

Lane said...

That backwards "first position" photo is great. So funny that you captured it on film!

Too bad we don't take more pictures of dumb fun as we get older.

angie said...

its so uplifting reading about the "fun" we had - i can hear your laugh as i think about "hell children" - one of my favorite moments of always. and you should also get the credit for this blogging business - you were my inspiration - and continue to be - thank you