January 4, 2008

It Could Be Worse

My obsession started with a dress. A green dress.

First Cee wore black, then pink, then decided upon green --well, that's what happened in the book.


In the movie, she only changes once. But thankfully still ends up wearing green. This green dress.


I can imagine myself walking down Scarlett O'Hara's stairs, or running through Anne's fields wearing this very dress. Or I could be Cee - because I do love a tragedy. Sigh.


What do you think about a girl (me) who obsesses with a dress? I know what I think...I think that there could be worse things to obsess over, and that at least she has nice posture (well, nicer posture then I).

4 comments:

ali said...

I don't blame you. That dress is gorgeous! Should I read the book? Or go straight to the movie?

Missi Waldron said...

That is the perfect shade of green and an incredible dress! I often have dreams of going to a ball, all done up, dancing the night away in a dress like this. Unfortunatly, I don't have the time to get all dolled up, my husband doesn't dance and no one has invited me to a ball lately:), so I will have to keep dreaming. Thanks for at least making the dress a reality today!

Ammon said...

I've seen the previews for this movie--was it good?
Plus, this dress is worth obsessing over--stunning!

angie said...

oops, ali, i didn't answer - go straight to the movie - reading the book would just slow you down (it is fairly rich language, though if you feel inspired!)