July 13, 2009

Free Rice

Help end world hunger
I've known about Free Rice for quite some time, but it wasn't until I learned you can switch subjects that I am officially obsessed. I'm sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself.
So, the basic idea is if you click on the image above it will take you to the website; where by answering questions right they will donate rice to the UN World Food Program. There are vocabularly questions, but if you click up on the "Subjects" tab you will see that you can answer Spanish, Math, Geography questions...but the one I can't master but am loving is the Famous Paintings. And there is something so satisfying about it; these are the things that you could hear James saying(he is obsessed too)...
It's a Caravaggio, I just know it, look at the dark and light.
Mom, it is 100% a Monet.
Could it be a Vermeer? What does a Vermeer look like again?

4 comments:

Mason Manor said...

Wow Angie. Thanks for sharing! I know what I'll be doing during nap time today! :)

Olsen Family said...

Your are right it is too much fun! I was loving the art ones until they got to the more abstract art, then I got slaughtered.

hannah m said...

Oh, my goodness. Nap time has just been taken to a whole new level of greatness.

But, what does it say about my intellect that I'm wishing they had a pop culture section? :-) Intellectual I am not - but I just enjoyed the grammar section - off to try the art ones with admittedly less insight than your Sweet J!

angie said...

james wanted sports (and you already know i would love a little pop culture!!)